HPB's INSIGNIA

HPB's INSIGNIA
There is no religion higher than truth

MADAME BLAVATSKY

MADAME BLAVATSKY
THE ESOTERIC WORLD

THE SECRET DOCTRINE

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

THE THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY OF THE PHILIPPINES

If I have not mentioned my membership and activities in THE THEOSOPHICAL  SOCIETY OF THE PHILIPPINES  back in the '70's, then I shall make some mention of it now. The photo image of the building is a newer one. The old building was badly burned back in the late 70's and then rebuilt. The dedicated members of the Society worked hard and long to restore the building. It had been in existence for many years but once I had found it when I returned to the Philippines in 1972, just after MARTIAL LAW had been declared by President Marcos, I joined it. I spend a fair amount of time there.
 It was quite by accident that I came across its location when I did as I was stopping at the major avenue and passed by there somehow, either on foot or by jeepney or some other means and saw the building in the dark, if I am not mistaken and noted the name. I returned to that area and then became interested and joined. Of course, I have more to say on all of this and the events and activities that I was privileged to be in and learn from,etc.

But it was the many wonderful,friendly, and helpful people that composed and comprised the Society and its other lodges that gave me much inspiration, if not 'enlightenment' and a number of experiences that I might not have had otherwise.

I shall mention more about this in other postings.

No comments:

Post a Comment